Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for p1440’s staff, programs, expansion and execution of its mission. Our mission is to empower the greatness within each person as they pursue their highest potential on and off the court. We aim to inspire and empower by helping our community to develop themselves - body, mind and spirit - through our premier live and digital offerings and through our powerful, engaged, and playfully serious community programming.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT:
SPONSORSHIP, VENDOR, AND PARTNER RELATIONS
FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE AND VIABILITY
BOARD COMMUNICATION AND GOVERNANCE
The ED will be thoroughly committed to p1440’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Specific requirements include:
- Preferably, non-profit leadership experience
- Preferably, an MBA with at least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, self-directed and a heart of service.
- Preferably, a love of sports, a desire to develop and grow all things p1440 and the passion to make a difference.